Frequently Asked Questions
EASY ANSWERS TO YOUR DOUBTS
Arrivals and Departures
Check-in is available from 16:00 and check-out must be done until 11:00.
The Half Board reservation at our resort includes daily breakfast and dinner, both in a buffet format at the Ocean Restaurant. Both meals adhere to a shift system that must be scheduled at the Reception.
Under the Dine Around concept, guests who prefer to enjoy dinner at the Primadonna Restaurant (on the terrace or as a Take Away) will be entitled to a credit (exclusive for dinner) of EUR 15 per adult and EUR 7.50 per child.
Please note that Half Board does not include drinks.
It’s served at the Ocean Restaurant and in a shift system, with a schedule to be selected upon check-in.There is a selection of hot dishes, plated to order at the show cooking station(s).
Through a system of shifts (pre-appointment) at the Ocean Restaurant, respecting the recommendations of social distance. Traditional buffet. Includes a selection of hot dishes and side dishes, plated to order, according to the Guest’s request. The service is provided at the show cooking station(s).
Alternatively, it is possible to enjoy credit per person for take-away meals at the Primadonna Restaurant, requiring pre-order. Guests staying at the Hotel on a half-board basis will benefit from a food credit (exclusive for dinner) in the amount of €15.00 per Adult and €7.50 per Child (3-11 years old).
Yes. The Hotel offers gluten-free options in all its restaurants, including gluten-free breads and cakes at the breakfast buffet, or gluten-free pizzas at the Primadonna Restaurant, for example. When making your reservation, please request a gluten-free diet and inform the Customer Service of your special request upon check-in, as well. We will more than happy to present you with suitable options, wherever you go.
Daily room cleaning will be performed at any time between 09:30 and 17:00. It is not possible to schedule a specific cleaning time. Following this period, a simple cleaning service will be available, upon request with the Front Desk and at an extra fee of €50.00.
A Double room can take up to 2 adults and 2 children from 0-11 years old. Babies also count to the maximum capacity. Cots are available, free of charge. The Double Room with 2 adults and 2 children is called a Family Room. Please note that 2 adults + 2 children + 1 baby is not accepted.
Children are welcome at VidaMar Algarve!
The maximum capacity of a double room is 2 adults and 2 children from 0 to 11 years old (inclusive). Babies count for the maximum capacity, and can be accommodated in cots, free of charge. Children aged 12 years and over are considered adults. To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add to your search the number of children in your group and their ages.
A Double Room is for 2 people and measures about 42m2; a Family Room is the same room but for 2 adults and 2 children from 0-11 years old. Children sleep comfortably in a double sofa-bed available in every room. The room is the same, the name changes according to the number of occupants.
The maximum capacity of cots per room is one free of charge.
VidaMar Algarve provides 3 outdoor salt water pools: one large pool (70m x 25m x 2m) not heated; one children’s splash pool (40cm deep) not heated and one Chill-Out pool (with 60cm deep), which includes the Wet Bar. The children’s pool is progressively heated throughout the day, from May to September (depending on weather conditions) and is perfect for some fun within a safe environment. The Chill-Out pool is also progressively heated within the same period.
The hotel provides one pool/beach towel per person (adult or child) per day, which works with a towel card system. This card is given on check-in upon a € 20,00 deposit. The card is then exchanged for one towel at the designated area by the outdoor pools. At check-out, the card is returned and the deposit is returned. For each non-returned card, the penalty is € 20,00.
VidaMar Resort Hotel Algarve does not have a shuttle service to/from Faro airport, however, we can provide this transfer service at an extra cost, which varies according to the total number of people and estimated arrival/departure time. Please submit your detailed request to receive a confirmation on price and availability.
Terms and conditions vary, depending on the room you chose, the selected dates as well as the rate in question. You can check our Terms & Conditions here.
If you have any questions or wish to make a change to your booking, you can reach us via the following contacts, available from Monday to Friday, between 09:00 and 20:00:
Yes! The resort even received the official “Clean & Safe” seal attributed by the Portuguese Tourism Board, due to efforts made in the hygienization of all spaces of the resort and the protection offered to our guests.
Click here for the complete list of measures implemented by our resort.
Beyond these measures, on November 25, 2021, the Portuguese Council of Ministers determined a reinforcement of the security measures, from December 1, 2021 on, making it mandatory to:
- Present a negative test on arrival in Portugal (antigen test done 48 hours before boarding or PCR test done 72 hours before boarding), even if you have a Digital Certificate. Self-tests are not valid.
- Present an EU Digital Certificate (vaccination certificate, testing certificate or COVID-19 recovery certificate) when accessing: tourist and local accommodation establishments, restaurants, events with marked places and gyms. If you do not have an EU Digital Certificate, you can alternatively present: test with negative result (antigen test carried out 48 hours before boarding or PCR test done 72 hours before boarding), vaccination certificate attesting to the complete vaccination schedule with the vaccines currently recognized (Janssen, AstraZeneca/Vaxzevria, Moderna/Spikevax, Pfizer/BioNtech: Comirnaty);
- Present a negative test when accessing: clubs and bars, large events without marked seats or in improvised venues and sports venues.
On December 21, 2021, a new reinforcement of the preventive control measures was announced, to mitigate the risks potentially associated with this season. Thus, additionally making it mandatory to:
- From midnight December 25th until January 10th, 2022 – Present a negative test for accessing hotels, tourist establishments and local accommodation, weddings and baptisms, as well as corporate events;
- For the Christmas and New Year periods (December 24th and 25th, 30th, 31st of December and January 1st):
– Mandatory presentation of a negative test for access to restaurants, casinos and New Year’s Eve parties;
– Gatherings of more than 10 people on public roads on New Year’s Eve are banned;
– The consumption of alcoholic beverages on public roads is banned as well.